Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday: #SmialekLife

Happy 2016!
With the start of the new year, I'm jumping back into blogging! 
I loved being able to have a place to document all the little moments of life! Things got a little crazy around here (that's a whole other post) and blogging got pushed to the end of my list. So...without further ado #yesididgooglethat

It's Show and Tell Tuesday and I'm linking up with Andrea and Introducing Myself. 

I'm Ashley. 
Hey.



I'm 30ish living in Northern Virginia with my husband, Eric and our two boys. Eric and I met our senior year of high school and he's been putting up with my Sass ever since #thankyouLord. We married in 2008 and lived in South Eastern Virginia for the first 4 years of marriage. 

Young love in 2002. 

Our Wedding Day. August 2008. 

At the end of 2011 we found out we were expecting our first baby! Nathan Timothy was born 9/12/12 after the longest.labor.ever. He came out bald, screaming and took too big of a breath and ended up spending the first couple of days in the NICU. He has spent the last 3 years of his life teaching me everything there is to know about being a mommy, how to take deep breaths, and how not to curse out loud #threeyearoldsarespecial. I love every inch of him and his personality. He looks like his daddy and acts just like his mommy. Lord help his future wife <3 



In 2013, when Nathan was only 9 months old we were started thinking about moving back to our hometown. I craved being "home". There really is so much joy in being around family and friends. The stars aligned and in 30 days we moved to Northern Virginia and we are loving life living back home!

When Nathan was about 1.5 we started thinking about baby #2. In June of 2014 we found out we found out I was pregnant and in September we found out Nathan was going to have a brother! Bryce was born 2/5/15 and I blogged about his birth here.  It was quick and as soon as I pushed him out I thought "Oh, I could totally do that again" #thatsnotnormal. Bryce looks just like mommy and has every bit of daddy's laid back, go with the flow personality. He's the perfect little brother, he puts up with a lot around here. #sorryiforgottofeedyouthatonetime. 



So back to me. I stay home with my wild animals boys during the week and fit in one night shift as a RN at a local hospital. Being a nurse is so good. and so bad. all wrapped into one addicting career field. It's a love-hate relationship most days. #andnothinglikegreysanatomy. 
I don't have any hobbies. Unless reality tv counts as a hobby... Then I have lots of hobbies. That about sums up "me". 

Ashley 







16 comments:

  1. so glad to have met you! this is such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that first pic of you and Eric! Babies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you forgot to mention that I haven't aged! #illletyouslidethistime

      Delete
  3. Love your introduction in this post! Can't wait to follow along...your hashtags crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading about you and your precious family!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ashley, I really enjoyed your post! Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are having a really cold day here in Northern VA and I am enjoying reading everyone's post from inside my warm house. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. freeezing! We were spoiled the last couple weeks with the warm weather! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I loved reading yours....nice to blog meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hashtags have cracked me up! Great link up to meet other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "second house on the right" is such a cute blog name! Love it!

      Delete
  8. Your hashtags have cracked me up! Great link up to meet other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete